(February 2, 2011)
Tonight, the eight Head Coaches, the VP of Girls Rec, and the VP of Travel will be meeting and conducting the player draft for the Spring Season (the two VPs are there strictly to provide information about the upcoming season). I have no way to predict who will be a Norway player in the coming season, but I know I am excited over all the wonderful players I might get to coach again. I know there will be plenty of great players who will unfortuantely fall to other coaches, and I will miss them all, but continue to watch them develop within the league.
Here are the teams and coaches for the Spring season, which should start on April 2, 2011:
1. Coach Koukourdelis – Greece – Royal Blue
2. Coach Kurczeski – Uruguay – Sky Blue
3. Coach Marsicano – Northern Ireland – Orange
4. Coach Miller – Sweden – Yellow
5. Coach Robertson – England - White
6. Coach Schaffer – France – Navy Blue
7. Coach Schlein – Ireland – Green
8. Coach Sheard – Norway - Red
You will probably receive an email tonight or tomorrow to the entire division, listing which players are with which team. Good luck to all of you, and remember that once a Norwegian, always a Norwegian! I hope to see as many Norway alumni as possible each year at the Valkyrie Cup (this year to be held on April 23 - more details coming soon).